Salsa is my go-to snack and always such a crowd pleaser when you’re entertaining. This just LOOKS like the holidays, doesn’t it?? Gorgeous cranberry red, green from cilantro and jalapeño and green onions... It combines simmered, softened cranberries with the crunch of fresh cranberries chopped in the food processor. You have to add some sugar so they’re not too bitter. The recipe is easy and you can always get creative and fold it into rice for a little cranberry flavor. I love serving it with shrimp to dip into the delish!
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 3 Tb water
- Juice and zest from 1/2 an orange
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 jalapeno chopped
- 3 scallions chopped
- handful of fresh cilantro chopped
- juice from 1/2 lime
- pinch of kosher salt to taste
- Combine 1 cup cranberries, water, sugar and orange juice and zest in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and keep on low/medium until cranberries soften and pop, about 30 minutes.
- Add jalapeño, scallions, cilantro, lime juice and salt.
- Chop the second cup of cranberries in food processor. Add fresh chopped cranberries to salsa.
- Combine and serve with chilled shrimp or chips.